“Asking you to choose between Line Dancing, Partner Dancing and Las Vegas IS JUST WRONG!”
“That’s why we’ve put it all together and call it the VEGAS JAM!”
The Vegas Jam National Dance Convention Weekend (Vegas Jam) is a dance weekend that accommodates both line dancers and partner/couple dancers and is held the first full weekend in October each year since 2007. Essentially, there are 2 dance parties under 1 roof. Registered guests have access to all dance ballrooms. At the Vegas Jam we have separate dance ballrooms of equal size. We have a PARTNER DANCE BALLROOM where we have dancers that Bop, 2-Step, Ballroom, Hand Dance, DFW Swingout, MidSouth Swing, Salsa, West Coast Swing and Chicago Step. The LINE DANCE BALLROOM is split into 2 dance ballrooms where 1 is dedicated to the more intense, high energy line dancers and the other is dedicated to the more sedate line dancers. The Host Hotel for the Vegas Jam is the Tuscany Suites & Casino.
Some of the unique attributes of the Vegas Jam weekend are:
- A national dance weekend in lieu of a regional or local dance weekend. 800 – 1,100 guests representing 28 – 34 states.
- 4 days and nights of events e.g. Thursday through Sunday inclusive e.g. 4 evening dance parties.
- Held in the resort city of Las Vegas, Nevada with it’s October mild temperatures, entertainment culture, theme hotels, dining, gaming, shopping and nightlife.
- All events are held at the Host Hotel which is only ½ mile walking distance from the ‘Strip’.
- Host Hotel has 650 sq ft suites with stove, refrigerator, coffee pot, nook, sitting area, bathroom with separate bath and shower.
- Weekend events include nightly, evening dance parties, day parties, dance instructional workshops, dance showcase, line dance choreographer jam session, Jack & Jill partner dance competition, Zumba workout sessions and more.
- Over 27,000 sq ft of combined ballroom space.
- Rented, wooden competition grade dance floors in each dance ballroom.
- Temperature regulated, air conditioned dance ballrooms.
- Hotel catered Saturday All-You-Can-Eat lunch buffet.
Please read, thoroughly, and understand the Participation Policies BEFORE you Register yourself and anyone else so that you, and they, have a clear and thorough understanding of our No Discount Policy, No Spectator Policy, No Break-Out/A-La-Carte Registration Policy, Refund Policy, No Transfer Policy, On-Site Event Check-In Policy, Wristband Policy, No Chair/Table Seat Saving Policy and our Reserved Seating Table Policy. The institution and adherence of these policies has allowed The Vegas Jam to consistently be a year-over-year quality dance weekend event.
What You Need to Register
To register yourself or someone else, you will need the following:
- Full name as it appears on your/their government issued picture ID. Please, no nicknames.
- Your/their e-mail address. Each e-mail address must be unique to that person and that person only! The registration program will not accept tying more than one name to an e-mail address. Please be advised that any person that does not have an active e-mail address will not have Vegas Jam information and will have to rely on friends and family for the information.
- Complete mailing address with street address, suite/apartment/P.O. Box (if applicable), city, state and zip code.
- Preference as a line dancer or a partner dancer.
- Gender, male or female.
- A Credit Card or a PayPal account. You do not need a PayPal account to register. There is an option within the PayPal ‘screen’ to pay with your Credit Card.
2017 Registration Opens February 1, 2017
$145 February 1 – mid-night PST June 30, 2017
$165 July 1, 2017 – midnight PST July 31, 2017
$175 August 1, 2017 – midnight PST August 31, 2017
Registration closes midnight PST August 31, 2017 or until we reach maximum seating capacity, whichever comes first! As we have a propensity to reach our seating maximum capacity early, you are encouraged and it is recommended that you do not wait until August 31, 2017 to register IF you plan on attending.
Hotel Booking Policy
The Room Block is open to reserve your room now or when ever it is convenient for you!
Please make your room reservations directly with the Tuscany by calling the Tuscany Reservations Department at (877) 887-2261 and ask for Steady Steppers group rates or by using the Group Code: 14I4BY. There is no resort fee charge per day if you book directly through the Tuscany Reservations Department. If you book your room through a travel agent or a discount hotel booking site, the resort fee is not waived and a resort fee cost of $26.88 per night will be charged to your room.
- You are required to provide a major credit card for first night’s room and tax deposit, which will be charged to your account in order to guarantee accommodations.
- The remaining room and tax will be due at Check-In.
- A major credit card or cash deposit will be required to guarantee incidental charges upon the day of your hotel Check-In.
- All reservation requests must be received before the room block is full or no later than Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:00pm PST, whichever one comes first!
- Registered guests must be the age of twenty-one (21) or older.
- Check-In time is after 3:00pm PST.
- Check-Out time is 11:00am PST.
Hotel Room Cancellation Policy
If you are going to cancel your room, the hotel policy is that it must be cancelled 3-days, that’s 72-hours, prior to your arrival date!
Please, Consider Protecting Yourself From Financial Loss!
Travel insurance is recommended to protect you from financial loss in the event of your inability to attend and you have to ‘last minute’ cancel. Vegas Jam has a ‘No Transfer’ Policy and will not issue refunds for trip cancellations due to medical illness, family emergencies, loss of employment, job relocation, death of a loved one, military deployment or any other reason outside of our standard refund policy. Our Refund Policy is liberal, however, there is a date that we no longer issue refunds.
For these reasons, we encourage you to purchase affordable trip cancellation insurance from a reputable travel insurance agency. That travel insurance policy should protect your travel expense (airline ticket, rental car, bus, train, etc.), hotel and event registration fee.
The cost of travel insurance is minimal when compared to the monies that you may lose in the event that you have to cancel your trip.
Here is a consideration set of companies that you can investigate and request a quote:
www.insuremytrip.com or 1-800-487-4722
www.travelexinsurance.com or 1-800-228-9792